2.02.2012

February Stylin' and Stampin' Blog Hop

Hey All...I'm updating my blog!  YAY!  I hope you enjoy the group that I've found online and become a part of.  This month we are showing you some new Stampin Up goodies that we used to make projects based on the theme...

Don't you just LOVE Sale-a-Bration time?!?!?!

Ok...here's my card...

This is a cute little baby card I made for my best friend for her baby shower last Saturday!  There are a few new goodies on here: Blossom Builder Kit (Occasions Mini), Hat Pins (Occasions Mini) and Everyday Enchantment Brads (SAB).  Don't you just love how it all comes together?!

This card was made using a Crumb Cake base with Rich Razzelberry and Old Olive as a compliment.  The heart was hand-drawn and cut out from the First Edition Specialty DSP.

The Blossom Builder kit is probably one of my favorite things from the Occasions Mini!  The flowers are double-sided; patterned on one side and plain on the other.  Then you get these cute little flags with them.  I used the Calendar Alphabet to stamp "BABY" on mine.  AND...you also get some cute little pink jewels!

Here is my 3D item...

I also used the Blossom Builders Kit and Everyday Enchantment Brads for this project!  I guess you can tell what my favorites are!

The base of this bookmark is Crumb Cake.

Then I layered two flowers in Poppy Parade and Baja Breeze, Circle of Daffodil Delight and a Lucky Limeade Brad! The leaves of the flower were created using Stampin Up's Linen Thread.

And here is the bookmark in action on the book I'm currently reading for my Mom's Group!  Ha ha!  Can you tell I have an almost 3 year old?!

If you want to visit the previous blog in the hop, click on the following link...

And I'm the last one on the hop but if you started in the middle, click here to get back to the beginning...


Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps a Lot
  5. Anji C. of Altered Scraps Blog
  6. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  7. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  8. Amanda H. of Live Laugh Craft
  9. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  10. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  11. Heather W. of Heather's Stampin' Blog
  12. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  13. Linda O. of Stamp at Linda's
  14. Marla R. of Marla's Stampin' Spot
  15. Michele M. of Michele's Stampin' Blog
  16. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  17. Pam S. of Sunny Girl Scraps
  18. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim


11 comments:

Stampin Dj said...

I had no idea the Blossom Builder kit was double sided! It's sitting in my stamp room, but you can tell I haven't opened it to play with!

Tonya said...

Cute projects and thank you for joining the blog hop!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

I love your card! So darn cute.. GREAT projects!!!! You have a great day :-) Inky Hugs!

Unknown said...

Love both the card and the bookmark. that book is a great book and can be applied to teenagers too. You do know that once kids hit their teens they revert to being 3 again, right? ;-p

Heather Williams said...

Love the bookmark and card! Might have to case them for an upcoming event! TFS

Pam Staples said...

I absolutely LOVE your card! So cute and the bookmark is great.

Michele said...

Your projects are so cute. I love the hand drawn heart and the color combo you chose! Crumb cake is by far my fav. :)

Marla Reed said...

I'm so happy that I ordered the Blossom Builder kit! I love your projects! The hand-drawn heart on the card give a great whimsical touch- adorable! TFS!

Pam Steckman said...

Great job on the card... love it! I also love the bookmark! Now I want to make some for my friends! :) I have heard that is a great book!

Rose Castillo said...

Cute projects and I need that book. I have a 2 yr old that has entered the terrible twos. LOL!

Nancy B said...

Great job!! That card is so cute!